Board & Training
|• Experienced, knowledgeable management team||• Turnout -individual, pairs or group|
|• Quality feed & vitamins||• Booting & blanketing for turnout|
|• Manager on-site 7 days a week||• Light grooming for blanketing|
|• Administration of herd health and blacksmith programs||• Spacious locker in boarder tack room|
- A flexible program can be tailored to your needs
- Discounted lessons with savings increasing with the number of lessons/schools per month
- Enroll in group lessons, groups and privates, or add schooling sessions to enhance your horse’s training
- Combine a school with a private and receive the added benefit of seeing your horse in training and then get on and enjoy that ‘new horse’ feel
(4 in a month)
|2x Groups |
(8 in a month)
|Training Rides (4)|
tacked by owner/staff
|Package: 4 groups + 4 privates||$525|
|Package: 8 groups + 4 training rides|
tacked by owner/staff
|Package: 4 groups + 2 privates + 2 training rides||$475|
Westar Rider Amenities
- individually ventilated box stalls
- spacious lockers in heated tackroom
- indoor and outdoor washstalls
- 70 x 170 indoor arena with overhead heaters and fans with heated viewing area + NEW lights and clear window panels for a bright outlook!
- 3 outdoor sand rings and 4 outdoor grass rings
- miles of off-road hacking through woods and fields
- Competitions hosted in hunter, jumper, dressage and combined training at all levels from introduction to showing up to Trillium hunter and jumper as well as Gold dressage
- Two large sand competition rings plus warm-up area for dependable footing in all types of weather
- Spacious grass grand Prix field and Hunter Derby field
- Show facility with all rings and parking in close proximity
- Centrally located show office
- Plenty of shade under the maple trees
- Schooling available from April to October in any of the rings if there is a jumping course set or the dressage ring is up
- Spectators welcome at any of the equestrian events – no admission fee
2020 Clinic cancelled due to Covid-19
We are disappointed not to be welcoming Jen Hamilton this year. Jen is a High Performance Coach, renowned clinician, teacher and former competitor, who shares her wealth of knowledge and experience as a rider and coach to equestrian athletes of all levels. She has been coming to Ottawa to give clinics for more than 20 years and we sure hope to have her come next year. Riders and auditors always come away with new confidence and tools to help them perform better at home and in competition.
Jen addresses all aspects of preparation and preformance that lead to success, including the physical and mental state of both horse and rider, the importance of a plan, goal setting and the team approach.
Jen’s new book Stride Control will be on shelves in 2020.
Show Ring Schooling
All rings are now open:
- sand dressage ring
- sand hunter/jumper ring
- sand Development hunter ring
- grass Grand Prix field
- grass Hunter Derby field
This is the kind of school you want to sign up for!
We have courses and a dressage ring set up almost all season long. The main hunter ring will alternate weeks – one week hunter course, the next week – jumper course. The warm-up ring will have a novice or Baby Green hunter course. We’ll have courses set in the Grand Prix and Hunter Derby fields with natural and show ring obstacles for you to come for a training session or just play. All courses will change on a regular basis so you can come back and jump new tracks. The dressage ring will be available as a 20 x 40 or 20 x 60 ring size.
We’ll have Covid-19 protocols in place and limits for attendees based up health guidelines as they continue to evolve. Please read them over carefully and complete registration and waiver and Covid-19 Attestation and Agreement for all people who will be attending, whether they are the riders, coaches, grooms or parents. Maximum 10 people per group. No more than 5 horses in one ring at a time.
Schooling: $55 (hst included) per horse/rider in one ring or $75 for access to multiple rings.
Sales & Leases
Horses For Sale
Prima Rosa – 9 year old, 15.2 Hh thoroughbred mare (never raced).
Rose is a cute and compact package with a big heart and jump. She has been developed carefully and with a wide range of competitive experience including dressage and hunter shows, winning her first Hunter Derby in the fall of 2018 and the Juniper Farms Jumper Derby in 2019. Rose was Reserve Champion in the Eastern Trillium Zone for 2019 in the .90 m division with an average of 20 horses at each show. She pinned in every class at the Championships including 2nd in the Mad Barn Team Challenge.
In 2020 she is competing at Ottawa Equestrian Tournaments in the 1.10 m, 1.15 m and Hunter Derbies, having already won two 1.0 m classes, a 1.10 and a 1.15m in the first two weeks of competition as well as a fifth in the Hunter Derby.
Rose has good manners and is the same horse off property as at home and she loves to horse show. She is careful and brave with a powerful jump. Her gorgeous presence, lovely movement, round topline and dressage training make her an excellent CET Medal prospect and well as a tidy little speed horse. She is ready to step into the ring and win with a junior rider or small adult.
Jumper Shows 2019 and schooling 2020
More video and photos available upon request.
Horses For Lease
Join the Westar Show Team
We have a select group of ponies and horses available for a Bronze or Silver (Trillium) Lease for riders in the Westar training program.
Leased for 2020
Michelangelo: leased for Trillium circuit
Union Jack: leased for Trillium circuit
Caramello: leased for Bronze circuit
Pot of Gold: leased for Bronze circuit
Georgina: leased for Bronze circuit
Hollywood: leased for Bronze circuit
Mr. Snickerdoodle: leased for Bronze circuit
Oliver: leased for Bronze circuit
Solara: leased for Bronze circuit
Westar students can lease a pony or horse to participate in our Development Show series. Riders have opportunity to ride a variety of suitable mounts over the show season. Lease fee, entry fee, coaching and hst are all included in a one stop price for each show.
For those showing ‘A’ (Gold) level we can help set up a lease or purchase.