Spring Hunter/Jumper Clinic
Jen Hamilton has been coming to Ottawa to give clinics for more than 20 years (2020 was the exception). Jen is a High Performance Coach, renowned clinician, teacher, former competitor and author, who shares her wealth of knowledge and experience as a rider and coach to equestrian athletes of all levels. She addresses all aspects of preparation and performance that lead to success, including the physical and mental state of both horse and rider, the importance of a plan, goal setting and the team approach. Riders and auditors always come away with new confidence and tools to help them perform better at home and in competition.
Show Ring Schooling
5 show rings are available for schooling from May to late September for horses and riders of all levels of experience. Let us know what size jumps you’d like and we’ll set to that height. We change the courses every few weeks so you can come back and ride a new track.
- sand dressage ring
- sand hunter/jumper ring
- sand Development hunter ring
- grass Grand Prix field
- grass Hunter Derby field
Schooling fee: book a 2.5 hr time slot for an individual ring – $65 (hst included) per horse/rider
or longer for access to multiple rings – $85 per horse/rider.
Covid protocols will be in effect for all participants, coaches and guardians in attendance.
School with your own coach or book a Mini-clinic with one of our licenced competition or high performance coaches.
Westar Rider Amenities
- individually ventilated box stalls
- spacious lockers in heated tackroom
- indoor and outdoor washstalls
- 70 x 170 indoor arena with overhead heaters and fans with heated viewing area + NEW LED lights and clear window panels for a bright outlook!
- 3 outdoor sand rings and 4 outdoor grass rings
- miles of off-road hacking through woods and fields
- Show facility with all rings and parking in close proximity
- Competitions hosted in hunter, jumper, dressage and combined training at all levels from introduction to showing up to Trillium hunter and jumper as well as Gold dressage
- Two large sand competition rings plus warm-up area for dependable footing in all types of weather
- Spacious grass grand Prix field and Hunter Derby field
- Centrally located show office
- Plenty of shade under the maple trees
- Schooling available from May to late September in any of the rings if there is a jumping course set or the dressage ring is up