Board & Training
|• Experienced, knowledgeable management team||• Turnout -individual, pairs or group|
|• Quality feed & vitamins||• Booting & blanketing for turnout|
|• Manager on-site 7 days a week||• Light grooming for blanketing|
|• Administration of herd health and blacksmith programs||• Spacious locker in boarder tack room|
- A flexible program can be tailored to your needs
- Discounted lessons with savings increasing with the number of lessons/schools per month
- Enroll in group lessons, groups and privates, or add schooling sessions to enhance your horse’s training
- Combine a school with a private and receive the added benefit of seeing your horse in training and then get on and enjoy that ‘new horse’ feel
(4 in a month)
|2x Groups |
(8 in a month)
|Training Rides (4)|
tacked by owner/staff
|Package: 4 groups + 4 privates||$535|
|Package: 8 groups + 4 training rides|
* tacked by owner/staff
|Package: 4 groups + 4 privates + 4 training rides||$675/$700*|
Westar Rider Amenities
- individually ventilated box stalls
- spacious lockers in heated tackroom
- indoor and outdoor washstalls
- 70 x 170 indoor arena with overhead heaters and fans with heated viewing area + NEW LED lights and clear window panels for a bright outlook!
- 3 outdoor sand rings and 4 outdoor grass rings
- miles of off-road hacking through woods and fields
- Show facility with all rings and parking in close proximity
- Competitions hosted in hunter, jumper, dressage and combined training at all levels from introduction to showing up to Trillium hunter and jumper as well as Gold dressage
- Two large sand competition rings plus warm-up area for dependable footing in all types of weather
- Spacious grass grand Prix field and Hunter Derby field
- Centrally located show office
- Plenty of shade under the maple trees
- Schooling available from May to late September in any of the rings if there is a jumping course set or the dressage ring is up
Spring Hunter/Jumper Clinic
Jen Hamilton has been coming to Ottawa to give clinics for more than 20 years (2020 was the exception). Jen is a High Performance Coach, renowned clinician, teacher, former competitor and author, who shares her wealth of knowledge and experience as a rider and coach to equestrian athletes of all levels. She addresses all aspects of preparation and performance that lead to success, including the physical and mental state of both horse and rider, the importance of a plan, goal setting and the team approach. Riders and auditors always come away with new confidence and tools to help them perform better at home and in competition.
Show Ring Schooling
5 show rings are available for schooling from May to late September for horses and riders of all levels of experience. Let us know what size jumps you’d like and we’ll set to that height. We change the courses every few weeks so you can come back and ride a new track.
- sand dressage ring
- sand hunter/jumper ring
- sand Development hunter ring
- grass Grand Prix field
- grass Hunter Derby field
The show rings are closed for the season but we look forward to welcoming riders and horses in all disciplines next spring.
Sales & Leases
Horses For Sale
Prima Rosa – 1.10 m jumper + equitation horse, 9 year old, 15.2 Hh thoroughbred mare
Rose is a cute and compact package with a big heart and jump. She has been developed carefully and with a wide range of competitive experience including dressage and hunter shows. In 2020 she competed at 6 of the Ottawa Equestrian Tournament shows in the 1.0 m 1.10 m, 1.15 m and Hunter Derbies, winning multiple classes over the series as well as a fifth in the Hunter Derby. She won her first Hunter Derby in the fall of 2018 and the Juniper Farms Jumper Derby in 2019. Rose was Reserve Champion in the Eastern Trillium Zone for 2019 in the .90 m division with an average of 20 horses at each show. She pinned in every class at the Championships including 2nd in the Mad Barn Team Challenge.
Rosie has good manners and is the same horse off property as at home and she loves to horse show. She is careful and brave with a powerful jump. Her gorgeous presence, lovely movement, round topline and dressage training make her an excellent CET Medal prospect and well as a tidy little speed horse. She is ready to step into the ring and win with a junior rider or small adult.
Jumper Shows 2020
WCP Jump-off 2020
1.10 m - WCP July 2020
More video and photos available upon request.
Horses For Lease
We have a select group of ponies and horses available for Term Lease for riders in the Westar training program.
Leased for 2020/2021
Union Jack (Jackson)
Mr. Snickerdoodle (Snickers)
Available for 2020/2021
Jack Brown (Jack)
Pot of Gold (Rango)
Rumour Has it (Roo)
Westar students can lease a pony or horse to participate in our Development Show series. Riders have opportunity to ride a variety of suitable mounts over the show season. Lease fee, entry fee, coaching and hst are all included in a one stop price for each show.
For those showing Trillium or ‘A’ (Gold) level we can help set up a lease or purchase.