Board & Training
|• Experienced, knowledgeable management team||• Turnout -individual, pairs or group|
|• Quality feed & vitamins||• Booting & blanketing for turnout|
|• Manager on-site 7 days a week||• Light grooming for blanketing|
|• Administration of herd health and blacksmith programs||• Spacious locker in boarder tack room|
- A flexible program can be tailored to your needs
- Discounted lessons with savings increasing with the number of lessons/schools per month
- Enroll in group lessons, groups and privates, or add schooling sessions to enhance your horse’s training
- Combine a school with a private and receive the added benefit of seeing your horse in training and then get on and enjoy that ‘new horse’ feel
(4 in a month)
|2x Groups |
(8 in a month)
|Training Rides (4)|
tacked by owner/staff
|Package: 4 groups + 4 privates||$510|
|Package: 8 groups + 4 training rides|
tacked by owner/staff
|Package: 8 groups + 2 privates + 2 training rides||$525|
Westar Rider Amenities
- individually ventilated box stalls
- spacious lockers in heated tackroom
- indoor and outdoor washstalls
- 70 x 170 indoor arena with overhead heaters and fans with heated viewing area
- 3 outdoor sand rings and 4 outdoor grass rings
- miles of off-road hacking through woods and fields
- competitions hosted in hunter, jumper, dressage and combined training at all levels from introduction to showing up to Trillium hunter and jumper as well as Gold dressage
- two large sand competition rings plus warm-up area for dependable footing in all types of weather
- spacious grass grand Prix field and Hunter Derby field
- show facility with all rings and parking in close proximity
- plenty of shade under the maple trees
- schooling available from April to October in any of the rings if there is a jumping course set or the dressage ring is up
- spectators welcome at any of the equestrian events – no admission fee
Next Jen Hamilton Clinic: Spring 2020
Jen Hamilton, High Performance Coach, renowned clinician, teacher and former competitor, comes to share her wealth of knowledge and experience as a rider and coach to equestrian athletes of all levels. She has been coming to Ottawa to give clinics for more than 20 years. Riders and auditors always come away with new confidence and tools to help them perform better at home and in competition.
Jen addresses all aspects of preparation and preformance that lead to success, including the physical and mental state of both horse and rider, the importance of a plan, goal setting and the team approach.
Get $25 off clinic price if you have a copy of Jen’s book A Jump Ahead – From Basics to Big Jumps AND you register by March 1. Contact Westar Farms to buy a copy. It has beautiful graphics and descriptions of many of the exercises Jen uses in her teaching as well as a large gallery of photos, stories and anecdotes based on her wealth of experience and many, many riders taught from novice to international calibre champions.
Show Ring Schooling
Sand dressage ring, sand hunter ring and Grand Prix field courses will be open as soon as the snow is gone and rings are dry.
Summer School and Hunter Derby Schooling
This is the kind of summer school you want to sign up for!
We have courses or a dressage ring set up almost all season long, including a full hunter derby course with natural and show ring obstacles for you to prepare for the summer A shows or the Derby Day Bronze Show as well as a jumper course in the Grand Prix jumper ring.
Schooling: $40 (hst included) per horse/rider
Sales & Leases
Horses For Sale
Prima Rosa – 8 year old, 15.2 Hh thoroughbred mare (never raced). Rose qualified for the 2019 Trillium Championships in second place in the .90 m Jumper in a competitive field of 16 – 25 horses per show. She will also be competing on the Eastern Zone’s Mad Barn Provincial Cup on Friday afternoon.
Prima Rosa is a cute and compact package with a big heart and jump. She has been developed carefully and with a wide range of competitive experience including dressage shows, Development Hunter on the Silver circuit and now .90 m. Rose won her first Hunter Derby in the fall of 2019 and also competed in her first jumper derby.
She is careful and brave with a powerful jump. Rose has a gorgeous presence, lovely movement, a round topline and is well trained on the flat, making her also a quality hunter or dressage prospect.
Rose has good manners and is the same horse off property as at home and she loves to horse show. Her list of competitive accomplishments is growing, and with her athletic ability and power, she will make an excellent show partner for a competitive rider.
More video and photos available upon request.
Horses For Lease
Leased for 2019
Caramello: leased for Bronze shows
Dr. Pepper: leased for Bronze shows
Georgina: leased for Bronze shows
Hollywood: leased for Trillium circuit
Westar students can lease a pony or horse to participate in our Development Show series. Riders have opportunity to ride a variety of suitable mounts over the show season. Lease fee, entry fee, coaching and hst are all included in a one stop price for each show.
We have a select group of ponies and horses available for a Bronze Lease for riders interested in showing on the Bronze Circuit.
For those showing Trillium (Silver) or ‘A’ (Gold) level we can help set up a lease or purchase.